Do you keep a notebook for useful words and phrases? And do you review the vocabulary in it regularly?
For example, here's a quick review of some useful vocabulary from the last seven days of lessons on this blog:
- compile a list
- build a repertoire
- the current generation of language learners
- don't know how lucky they are
- they have the Internet at their disposal
- they have access to videos, podcasts and audiobooks
- they have the chance to immerse themselves in the language
- to take advantage of
- overuse of a word
- the charts compare three countries in terms of...
- dispose of harmful waste
- hazardous materials
- are buried underground / are recycled
- know the basics
- rely on pre-prepared meals
- that would surely be a good thing
Remember: Understanding a word is not the same as being able to use it. Practise using the phrases above in your own sentences.